Mars Bar crispy cakes are fun to make and great to bring along to a school bake sale.
- 5-6 cups of Rice krispies
- 200g bag of Marshmallows
- 40g Butter
- 4 Mars bars
How to Make Mars Bar Crispy Cakes
- Line a tin with baking/ grease proof paper.
- Melt 40g of butter in a pan on a low heat.
- Add the marshmallows to the melted butter. On the lowest heat, keep stirring the mixture so that it does not stick to the pan. Do not be tempted to turn heat up, it will not take long to melt.
- Add 5-6 cups of Rice Krispies to the mixture. The mixture will cool quickly and become harder to mix so work quickly.
- Pour into the pre-lined tin.
- Fold over the baking paper and compress the mixture, then fold it back again
- Leave the Rice Krispies to set at room temperature whilst preparing the Mars bar topping.
- Cut up the Mars bars in to small pieces.
- Put them in a microwavable bowl.
- Microwave for 30 seconds then stir.
- Then check every 10 seconds until it looks like a smooth putty.
- Spread evenly on top of the Rice Krispies.
- Leave to set at room temperature.
- Pull down the baking paper.
- Cut in to individual cakes.
Leave plain or decorate as you want.